Service Department Reviews from Park Forest, IL(Show all)
Hunter was a very good salesman. I appreciated his thoroughness and his attention to detail, however, we have had two discouraging experiences with Family Hyundai in the two weeks since we purchased the vehicle.
First, we purchased the extra outside and interior protection package, and we set up an appointment for the service. We were assured that we would be given a new car to drive while our car was in the shop and that it would only take a few minutes to get the car checked in and be given the loaner. However, it appeared that no one checked if a car was available, because when my fiancee went in to the appointment, there were no new cars and they drove him to Enterprise for a vehicle. Hyundai picked up the tab for the rental, but he was stuck at the rental place for over two hours waiting for a rental.
Second, I attained a car loan from my bank and dropped the check at the dealer. The cashier checked with the financial department to make sure there was nothing more I needed to do, and we were sent on our way. Last night I received a call from the dealer saying I needed to come back to the dealer ASAP to sign the check. It took them two weeks to realize this, and then they expect me to drop everything and drive 40 miles round trip to go back to sign the check!
I am hoping that when we return for our first oil change that things will be better!
Family Hyundai 2012-04-05
I am very disappointed in the service I have received from Family Hyundai within the last two years. I have spent over $6000 on my car for problems to keep popping up on my car. Each time they have given me this "34 point inspection" and your mechanics are missing things. First time I came in there two years ago (September 28,2009) was for my timing belt, speedometer gear/vehicle speed sensor, front brakes and power locks. I had to come back three times because they informed me that the speed sensors were going out one by one because they were replacing them with new ones. Which I felt they should of known that when they original did the service. I asked for my locks to get fixed and I was informed that only one side was fixed because I had to pay for each door side to get fixed which was over $300 each. So they fixed one side which the power locks are not fixed. I spoke to the General Mgr at that time and he was no help. I did receive a call from a woman who was going to file a complaint because of the poor service I received but I never received a call or letter.
(July 26,2011) I had to bring my car back to get some things fixed to keep my car up and they fixed the control arm, replaced front tires, replaced front exhaust pipe, replaced both ignition coils, replaced entire EGR valve, trans flush and Coolant System Flush. Once again I had this "34 point inspection" done and this was fine no notation of rust or leakage on my paperwork that I did save.
October 16,2011 I bought my car in because the battery and alternator went out. That was fixed and replaced with an inspection and nothing came back bad about my radiator which happen to start leaking less than 24 hours from when it left the shop and there was no leakage. The service tech tells me that it will need a new radiator at $800. No one can tell me why this was not noticed on Monday when I brought it in. He just tells me this happens sometimes which I can not believe something like that would just happen. He also tells me that he asked the mechanic and he didnt see anything wrong at the time. That information does not make any sense to me because he would of noticed the rust or something. This leak or crack did not just come up less than 24 hours. I feel like the mechanic did not do his job or review the car like he said he did. On the inspection sheet he said that the oil was good but when you look at it it was LOW.
I feel like the work is being half done to make customers come back for more work to be done on the car. They are passing these car because they are okay at the time but they know that they will go down or need work in a short time.
I will like someone in charge of Family Hyundai not the General Mgr to call me because I am a very unhappy customer.
Family Hyundai 2011-10-19
Frank is a first class salesman would refer him to family and friends. Thanks for your help Family Hyundai!!
Thank you for referring family and friends to Family Hyundai in Tinley Park. Family Hyundai remains #1 in sales volume in the midwest region and appreciates your business. Thanks! Graham Watson
Family Hyundai 2010-09-17
Average rating for
1932 reviews already posted on this site!
Tell us what you think about
At Family Hyundai, we value your opinion. We want to know how we're doing—and what we can do better.
Reviewing us is easy—and fun.
Posted reviews are made public in an effort to better serve our clients and to improve our business in the future.
Check out Service Department reviews by people in your home town:
- Alsip, IL Hyundai Service (2)
- Beecher, IL Hyundai Service (1)
- Blue Island, IL Hyundai Service (2)
- Calumet City, IL Hyundai Service (1)
- Channahon, IL Hyundai Service (2)
- Chicago, IL Hyundai Service (17)
- Chicago Heights, IL Hyundai Service (1)
- Chicago Ridge, IL Hyundai Service (1)
- Clarendon Hills, IL Hyundai Service (1)
- Crestwood, IL Hyundai Service (4)
- Crete, IL Hyundai Service (1)
- Edgewood, MD Hyundai Service (1)
- Elwood, IL Hyundai Service (1)
- Evergreen Park, IL Hyundai Service (3)
- Frankfort, IL Hyundai Service (4)
- Glenwood, IL Hyundai Service (1)
- Hazel Crest, IL Hyundai Service (1)
- Hickory Hills, IL Hyundai Service (1)
- Homer Glen, IL Hyundai Service (6)
- Hometown, IL Hyundai Service (1)
- Homewood, IL Hyundai Service (4)
- Indianhead Park, IL Hyundai Service (1)
- Joliet, IL Hyundai Service (1)
- Lansing, IL Hyundai Service (1)
- Lemont, IL Hyundai Service (1)
- Lino Lakes, MN Hyundai Service (1)
- Lockport, IL Hyundai Service (1)
- Matteson, IL Hyundai Service (2)
- Midlothian, IL Hyundai Service (2)
- Mokena, IL Hyundai Service (3)
- Morris, IL Hyundai Service (1)
- New Lenox, IL Hyundai Service (2)
- Oak Forest, IL Hyundai Service (10)
- Oak Lawn, IL Hyundai Service (1)
- Olympia Fields, IL Hyundai Service (1)
- Orland Park, IL Hyundai Service (13)
- Palos Heights, IL Hyundai Service (3)
- Palos Hills, IL Hyundai Service (1)
- Palos Park, IL Hyundai Service (1)
- Park Forest, IL Hyundai Service (3)
- Plainfield, IL Hyundai Service (1)
- Richton Park, IL Hyundai Service (1)
- River Forest, IL Hyundai Service (1)
- Riverside, IL Hyundai Service (1)
- Romeoville, IL Hyundai Service (2)
- South Holland, IL Hyundai Service (2)
- Steger, IL Hyundai Service (1)
- Thornton, IL Hyundai Service (1)
- Tinley Park, IL Hyundai Service (31)
- Willow Springs, IL Hyundai Service (1)
- Worth, IL Hyundai Service (1)
Check out reviews of these great professionals:
- Calvin Dillard (13) 4.8*
- Chabasco Elston (29) 4.9*
- Derek Van Flenner (38) 4.9*
- Derrick Reason (13) 4.9*
- Erika Rusinak (15) 4.6*
- Frank Baley (161) 5.0*
- Garvey Jean-Simon (12) 4.9*
- George Hasenjaeger (101) 4.9*
- George Koulogeorge (46) 5.0*
- Glen Zagorski (87) 4.9*
- Jerry Lacy (104) 5.0*
- John Meyer (23) 4.9*
- Kevin McGlennon (29) 5.0*
- Kristi Feinberg (80) 5.0*
- Larry Edwards (51) 4.9*
- Mark Holder (22) 4.9*
- Mayweather Shorter (50) 4.8*
- Merinda Rhymes (12) 4.8*
- Ray Berry (10) 4.8*
- Rob Bullard (5) 5.0*
- Sam Odeh (9) 4.9*
- Sammy Wallace (33) 5.0*
- Stan Bailey (2) 3.0*
- Stan Gibson (9) 4.8*
- Tim Berry (1) 4.0*
- Todd Porterfield (22) 4.9*
- Tom Salin (41) 4.9*
- Tony Caccitolo (106) 4.9*